Estonian Defence Industry Association (EDIA) was founded in 2009 that represents all the main defence and security industry related enterprises in Estonia. From 2012 Estonian Defence and Security Industry Innovation Cluster was established. At the moment, the cluster has 17 members: Baltic Workboats, Baltflex, BHC Laboratory, Bristol Trust, Bytelife Solution, Defendec, Eli, Galvi-Linda, Milrem, Milectria Est, Nordic Armoury, Semetron, Skeleton Technologies, Telegrupp, Terramil, Threod Systems, Toci and Estonian Defence Industry Association.
The aim of the Estonian defence and security industry cluster is to become the center of competence in research and development and export in the field.
The vision is to create synergy through the co-operation of national and international capital in order to strengthen the Estonian defence industry and its export.
The purpose is to:
- Act as single focal point for defence and security industries in Estonia
- Monitor defence and security industrial capabilities, products and technology in Estonia
- Promote common interest of the Estonian defence and security industry
- Support partnership and co-operation with the national MoD, MoI and EDF, EDL, Police etc
- Assist in the participation of defece and security related R&D projects
- Organize joint national and international marketing and export activities
- Offering various seminars and workshops in subjects relevant to the industry
- Represent Estonia in European and international industrial defence and security related institutions and bodies (NIAG, EDA)
- Foster the development of multilateral business activities
International cooperation partners:
- BAE Systems Hägglunds AB
- MBDA France
- Raytheon International
- SAAB Defence and Security
- YKK U.K. Branch in Finland
If you are interested to become a member, please write firstname.lastname@example.org
Estonian Defence and Security Industry Innovation Cluster activities are supported by European Regional Development Fund.
Estonian Defence & Security Industry Innovation Cluster was awarded with the Bronze Label of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative (ECEI) in May 2017.
More information about the European Cluster Excellence Initiative can be found here.